Santa Monica Pier: California Day 4

Our last day in California, so sad. I didn't want to leave but I'm glad we still had fun. We attempted to go to the beach that morning. Attempted being the key word people... because we didn't 
A- leave at 7 in the morning
B- go to something other than huntington beach 
C- go on a weekend that wasn't 4th of july 
We made those mistakes. We left after noon, it was packed and it was fourth of july weekend. MADNESS people, MADNESS. We sat in line for at least a half and hour and had to leave due to lack of parking. So all in all we drove around the area for 3 to 4 hours before we got home. 
Don't make these mistakes.
We did get to have Sushi with charles though! I'm not a huge sushi fan but Chase is, so we go. I tried sea urchin... NASTY. sorry charles.
Then, santa monica pier! I have always wanted to go there. It was a little cloudy but at least it was warm :) 
Blurry....Wish it wasn't 
We walked along the beach..people really build that whole concept up just so you know. "long walks on the beach" really means "I like to work out my calves". Sneaky beach dwellers, exercising all the time. 
The water was a little chilly 
So one of the main reasons we went to Santa Monica was for me to ride my first ferris wheel andddd cotton candy! I told you guys I love cotton candy. SO.MUCH. and I got the blue kind...aka THE BEST KIND.
So then we waited in line and I was freakin out a little bit. Like a tiny little butterfly having a rave in my stomach. 
And then we got on...HOLY MOLY ANCHOVY. So High up there. It wasn't so bad if I didn't look out too much..plus it was pretty. Don't look back into the dark ocean though...it looks like the end of the world. NOT PRETTY.
So cool- I did so many new things this trip and I was glad chase was there to help me freak out a lot less, and be patient with my lack of being exciting. The whole trip was one of the best weeks of my life. :) 



No comments